Tuesday, September 1, 2015

When It's Time

I didn't take any photos today...  We went to story time and the rest of the day was spent taking care of our home and spending time with our kids.

We did get news that some of our favorite friends had their baby today!  She is adorable and we are looking forward to meeting her in person soon. 

Logan only had one nap today. His morning nap time is shifting a little and ideally he'd go down between 9:30 and 10 but on days where we have plans, that is just in time for the hustle and bustle to get out of the door. This morning he fell asleep just as we were pulling into the parking lot of the library. We were just on time so instead of hanging out in the car for a few minutes to ensure that he was good and asleep before transferring him to the Ergo, I went ahead and got him out. He woke up when I opened his door and got a second wind once he saw we were going to be having fun at the library. He was finally able to fall asleep on the way home and then was ready to go down again for his second nap at around 4:30 or so.  Lately when he naps that late he's not ready to go to sleep for the night until after 9 and that is just too late for me.  So, I kept him up. He was fussier than usual but once David got home he forgot all about being cranky and just had fun. These boys LOVE their daddy so much!  David stayed with us and played with the boys after dinner. I got my evening routine done and even had some time to join in the fun before getting Logan ready for an early bedtime.  Then later in the evening I was able to relax a little which is definitely welcomed!  

I sat down recently and made a huge list of all of our upcoming holidays, events and  special occasions. I will admit, for someone who loves to make handmade gifts, I became overwhelmed very quickly. Then I gave myself a talking to...  There is no way, with everything we have going on, that I can make these gifts. The reality is that we are hoping to move into our new house in the next 4 months or so. Logan's birthday kicks off the "event" season for us which goes all the way until Ayden's birthday in late January. Between preparing for birthdays, the winter holiday hustle and bustle and moving, something has to give in order for me to survive with sanity in tact.  I am going shopping tomorrow for some gifts. Making the decision to do this lifted a TON of weight off of my shoulders. I make handmade gifts for many reasons. I enjoy opportunities to be creative and learn new skills, I enjoy tailoring a gift to a loved one's interests, and I enjoy giving a small labor of love as a token for how much someone means to me. But when life is hectic and that joy turns to stress, it's simply not worth it. I also know that none of my loved ones would ever want me to spread myself too thin to take time that I honestly don't have to make a gift for them. I know they are appreciated but never expected. So, I'm putting the cover on my sewing machine until we are settled after our move. I have a few projects that are in progress that I may finish if I feel so inclined, and I do plan to put something simple together for the boys' Halloween costumes but I am really going to try my best not to start any new, big projects. 

My focus is now going to be turned to continuing to enjoy our boys while finishing our KonMari purge so that we are ready to pack up and move out when it is time!  

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Best Building Day"
Two years ago today: "September Goals"
And three years ago today: "Good Friends Good Fun"

No comments:

Post a Comment