Thursday, May 21, 2015

You Never Know

Ayden has taken up an interest in writing again.  He was interested in it for a little while, long enough to learn how to write his A anyway, and then his interests shifted.  I am a firm believer in letting kids direct their own learning in the early years so I shifted my teaching accordingly but now the pendulum has swung back.

"Look, mommy, S for Sarah!"

3rd time's the charm for N.

The painters were back today and Maverick was not used to them so he barked ALL day long.  The boys and I went for a nice long walk to my parents' house and to our farm where we harvested some lettuce and peas.






He was so excited to get to finally pick the peas that he hugged them.
SO good!  Haha.

Ayden had to miss out on his nap today due to the dog barking and such so by the end of the evening he was SO tired.  We went to my niece and nephew's preschool graduation and he fell asleep on the way home.  He stayed asleep while I got him ready for bed but before I carried him into the bedroom I sat down in the glider and snuggled him.  Logan was already in bed so it was just the two of us. 


I soaked the moment in because now that he is such a big boy, and such a good sleeper, I never really know when I'll get to hold him while he sleeps.  Tonight was my lucky night.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "26 Weeks Pregnant"
Two years ago today: "Simple Syrup"
And three years ago today: "4 Months Old"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same when I can. I rocked my oldest to sleep every night for 2+ years. I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete