Friday, February 20, 2015

Day Dreamer

This is what we woke up to this morning:

Brrrrrrrrrrr is an understatement. 
The boys hung out in bed together for a while. 

Staying warm and being sleepy.


I know he was bread for this and all but I still couldn't believe how much Mav enjoyed the sub zero temps.

In this drafty old cottage the upstairs gets HOT while the downstairs is frigid so we spend a lot of time up in the playroom in the Winter. 


Working on his sitting up skills!
I felt CRUMBY today, both physically and mentally. It was a combination of so many things: Logan had me up for about an hour and a half in the night, the boys have not napped at the same time all week, I had SO much sinus pressure, we've been cooped up for too long... To name a few. David hitched a ride to work with a coworker who drives out our way so I'd have the car but we never made it anywhere. It was SO cold in the morning so my plan was to get out after nap but for some reason Ayden had in his mind that he was boycotting nap today (which was a first). I stood my ground and after about an hour and a half of just hanging out in his bed, calling for me about every 10 minutes or so, he FINALLY realized that my stance was firm and he went to sleep (and then slept for TWO hours). Naptime is still a necessity for ALL in this household!  Because of the delay and then the log nap, he didn't wake up until 4 and by then it was time to start dinner. I still HAD to get some fresh air and a change of scenery so after dinner I left Ayden and David to watch a movie while Logan and I went out for a night on the town! At the grocery...


Logan had skipped his evening cat nap that he usually takes at around 4:30 so he fell asleep on the way there and slept the whole time. It felt like I was alone which was exactly what I needed to recharge a little. I took my time and even looked through a few magazines. I felt like a whole new person on the way home. 

The grocery was a bit of a madhouse because we are supposed to get 4-8 more inches of snow tonight (!!) but I didn't mind since I was in no hurry. I'm glad I got out because we might be snowed in again tomorrow and I'm not sure I could have endured one more day without a break! 

 If anyone needs me, I'll be daydreaming about the warm days of Spring. Planting our veggie garden, going to bee school and doing our first hive checks, hanging clothes outside to dry and playing with the boys out at the building site while David works on the house. Ahhhh. It seems far away but the days are gettin longer and it is coming!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "5 Kitchen Gadgets Worth Having"
Two years ago today: "The Five Love Languages"
And three years ago today: "Sleep Solutions"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a great example to me on how I should handle my stresses. Going food shopping is a lot more healthier then clothes shopping which I tend to do when I feel overwhelmed at home. Its a habit I am not proud of. I live in a warm climate year round and today while you expevidenced subzero temperatures, I was basking in the sun. Crazy huh? I need to embrace more outdoor activities with my family instead of department stores. Thanks for the great example you are.

    ReplyDelete