Monday, December 1, 2014

Puzzle Of A Day

Rediscovering the kitchen toy drawer.
Kept him busy for a while!
I started Focus T25 today. 



I decided to do it during nap time and MAN am I out of shape!  Ayden slept for an hour and a half, and Logan for 2 hours, so I had time to do the workout, some more unpacking and *little* bit of tidying. The boys didn't go down for their naps until almost 3 so that had them waking up just in time for me to need to start dinner.  I usually snuggle Ayden for a bit after nap.  We read books, talk a little or just sit quietly which gives him time to wake up slowly. Since I needed two hands to get dinner started, I told him I'd snuggle him for 2 minutes and then he needed to choose riding on my back in the Ergo or play with toys. After quite the meltdown, he decided to go with the Ergo!

Toddler wearing saves the day!
I said, "How do you feel?" And he said, "Comfy."  It has been a LONG time since I have worn my big boy.  He watched me get started on dinner, asking questions about what I was doing along the way and then he was ready to get down and go play.  That was when Logan woke up. He needed a diaper change and was hungry so I sat down to feed him. Before I knew it, it was almost dinner time and I had barely even gotten started.  That is when I began to regret working out. When I expressed that to David when he got home, he told me I shouldn't worry. He said I took time for myself and we'd eat whenever it was ready. The problem is that Ayden gets hungry around 5 and starts rummaging through the fridge (which makes me have to stop what I am doing every 5 seconds) so I really like to feed him at 5:30, right when David gets home. 

Most of the events of my days fit together like a puzzle. I have systems and routines in place and they work very well for me. When I stick to them our days typically run very smoothly. Adding in something like a daily workout that takes a half hour time chunk may not seem like much but it really can throw things off. After some reflecting, I ignored my initial reaction which was to just forget about exercise for now and decided to just make a rule that I only exercise during nap time if the boys go down during their normal 1-1:30 time window. If they go down any later than that, it'll have to wait until the evening when they are in bed for the night. 


There's a saying that I am trying to remember for this which is, "If it is important to you, you make it happen" so that is exactly what I am trying to do.  On the bright side, I felt SO good after my cardio workout today!  I am already looking forward to tomorrow's. 

~Sarah

Have you worked anything new into your days lately? Did it throw things off for you too at first?

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "How To: Make Fabric Flowers"
And two years ago today: "On The Road Again"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Although I disagree with many of your parenting choices, I do learn a great deal of other things as well. I have been reading your blog for years and have watched ayden change thru the years. I do miss many of your Paleo recipes.

    ReplyDelete