Saturday, December 13, 2014

Our Village

Tomorrow marks my knowing about our Logan for one year. I kept him my little secret for almost a week with plans of surprising David with an announcement gift on Christmas morning. I couldn't hold it in that long but for that little while it was just him and me. 


A year goes by so fast!  

Ayden had a special day today. We met his grandma (David's mom) at build a bear and Ayden enjoyed it so much. 


He was quiet and very observant and then came home and told David every detail about the process. His bear's name is Pookie and he is a "very nice bear" according to Ayden. She treated us to lunch in the food court and even got the boy's their Christmas sweaters. We enjoyed spending the day with her!

This evening we had some friends join us for dinner. Afterwards we put Ayden to bed then stayed up way too late chatting but it was so worth it. They don't have kids yet but are heading in that direction so they had a lot of questions and Logan definitely had them leaving our visit with some inspiration. 

My mom stopped by on her way home from work to pick up a gift I had picked up for her at the mall (Bath and Body works had $8 3 wick candles today!) and she ended up staying to hold Logan and help me get our meal pulled together before our friends arrived. He was a little fussy and really just wanted tpo be held. David was doing other jobs like scooping the litter box and running the vacuum and I had to keep stopping what I was doing to tend to him. She jumped in and helped out and in no time we had regained control of the evening. We are truly blessed to have all of these wonderful people in our lives who help us and so willingly give us their time and support. It really does take a village and I am glad we are learning to use and appreciate the fellow villagers around us. 

Do you use your village?  It has taken time but we are finally learning how and when to ask for help. 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Back On Track"
And two years ago today: "Random Acts of Kindness"

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that I am deeply impressed that ya'll can care for 2 animals in addition to parenting. Animals are special indeed, but I am in a phase of my life where parenting little ones is enough work as it is. When the children are old enough to help with animals duties, I would love to take on a pet or two. And what nice parents to help you out. Cherish that. Not all parents are like that. You got a great and very helpful husband too to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't until I had my 3rd that I finally accepted help from my mom (without resenting it). Sounds like you are much wiser than I! :)

    ReplyDelete