Tuesday, October 7, 2014

4 Weeks


So it's been 4 weeks since this little man came out of my body...


So surreal and bazaar!  I have come across the pregnancy tests I used to tell David we were pregnant just a week before Christmas last year (I just couldn't wait until Christmas day) and they hold a whole new meaning now. Then they were the promise of a bigger family, and growing love but we had no idea if it would be a boy or a girl or of how he/she would fit into our family. Now we look at them and know that they were letting us know that our Logan was in there, just beginning to form into this baby we have with us today. It is all truly amazing. 


A couple or readers commented yesterday about how you are supposed to use a baby's due date on the Wonder Weeks App and once I checked it out they were right! It really does make sense for it to work that way and after I adjusted the age this is where he is on the chart right now:


We have made it through our first cloudy period. Go us!  I really wasn't too bad, he just wanted to snuggle more and there could most definitely be worse things than that!

Today was a good day. We went to Tuesday story time at the library for the first time: 


Our Thursday storytime is technically a "baby" story time though all of our playgroup still goes to it making it mostly toddlers.  Today's was the official toddler story time and we thought we'd try it out to see if it was much different or more age appropriate.  I actually still prefer Thursdays.  It is a smaller group size, all of our friends are there and the content is still age appropriate enough for Ayden to benefit.  We may keep Tuesdays as an option for if we need another activity to help us get out of the house but we'll keep Thursdays as our usual outing.  

We also had a midwife appointment today.  


Logan weighed in at 8lb 8oz.  He's seriously growing fast.  He's even already transitioning into 0-3 month clothing.  


If I thought things flew by with Ayden, I was crazy.  Life with a toddler and a newborn is going so fast it's hard to make sure it doesn't pass me by as a blur.  I am taking time to really soak each of my boys in each day but it doesn't feel like enough!  This time of our lives really is so special and while I thoroughly enjoy watching them grow and discover the world, I am sad at how quickly it all goes.

Can you all believe it's already been 4 weeks?!?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Forward Motion"
And two years ago today: "Road Trip History"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

7 comments:

  1. I really can't believe it's been 4 weeks! How does time go by so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it!! I am so sad that he is growing and changing so fast.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah. Did you use your due date or birth date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally used birthdate but changed it to due date.

      Delete
  4. I share your sentiments. The time really is fleeting. You're doing a great job at documenting the moments so you'll have them to look back on forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. We have really loved looking back at old posts!!! It does really help. Hard to believe that we will be looking back at these posts in two years and be reminiscing about baby Logan the same way we do about baby Ayden these days.

      Delete