Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bouncing Off The Walls

We tested out our birthing pool today!  We were supposed to do it by 37 weeks...  A little late in the game but we finally crossed it off of our to do list.  Though I think it would be really cool, my heart is not totally set on a water birth so I'm not going to force it.  Wherever I am when it happens is where it will happen. 


My sister and her boys joined Ayden and I at the farmer's market today:

It was a bit chaotic but fun.
You know the saying, "Kids can't bounce off the walls if there are non"?

Well it's the truth!
My sister also helped David with the rest of the sheathing on the roof today:

Another loved one has put their stamp on our forever home.
Love it!
We ended the evening at our town's "twilight festival" with some friends.  'Twas fun!


I did not get a nap today and am EXHAUSTED.  I need to make sure that I don't continue to overdo myself during the rest of my sister's visit.  It is fun to visit but all of the going and doing and child wrangling is way more than I am accustomed to. The past couple of days I have gone to bed dehydrated and woke up with headaches.  And tonight I fell asleep while David was reading Ayden his first bedtime story.  I had to wake up and rally to read him mine. I'd hate to already be exhausted when I go into labor.  I need to keep my eye on the prize and my priorities in order for sure.  

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "5 Happy Things: Cuddle Bugs"
And two years ago today: "Story Time Adventures"

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you need your rest
    I'm glad you are enjoying your visit and your day looks awesome but it also looks exhausting
    Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet posts. And, yes, rest!! I didn't rest much before our third was born and I could tell a huge difference in the birthing and after. I was beyond exhausted. Worth it, but if I had it to do over I always think of how I would have rested. :)

    ReplyDelete