Saturday, June 7, 2014

Nesting Motivation

It's recital season for my family which means schedules get thrown off and things overall just get crazy!  I will be participating in the alumni routine again this year and we had a rehearsal last night.  Ayden went with me because David was working on the house.  He had a great time playing with some other kids that were there and we did't leave until 8:30.  We went to see the progress that David had made on the house the day and by the time we got him home, got him a snack and got him into bed it was close to 10:00!  After a late night like that he always takes an early and longer nap the next day.  I suppose it is to make up for lost sleep time as he seems to require about 13 hours in a 24 hour period.  On Saturdays he usually takes his naps when we get home from the farmer's market but today he fell asleep on the way there at around 11:30 and slept until 1.  

Just before I transferred him to his stroller which he did beautifully!

When I put him back in the car he woke up and hugged me and said, "Where are we mommy?"  I told him he had slept through the farmer's market and that it was time to go home.  That must be so crazy to fall asleep in one place and wake up in another or to hear that you fell asleep and rode around in a stroller while you missed something you are used to participating in. He didn't seem to be phased by it...

This week's CSA goodies
When we got home Ayden read books, did a puzzle and watched a movie while I did a lot of work in the kitchen.  We had dinner plans out with friends tonight so I worked on a couple of quiches for freezer meals and pie crusts for that strawberry pie that I plan to make with the berries we picked yesterday.


David worked from about 9:30am to 4:00pm on the house.  He is by himself this weekend because his parents are away visiting his brother. He was able to knock out a pretty good chunk of framing today. 

Wall layout
The back wall is ready to be raised!


Nesting is pretty awesome.  I wish I had such a strong urge to be so productive all the time!  This mama is TIRED after a busy day!

Did you make freezer meals to help after baby's arrival?  What are your favorite freezer friendly recipes?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Dancing The Night Away"
And two years ago today: "We're Okay!"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar

2 comments:

  1. I need some nesting motivation too! It seems like I'm less and less productive all the time!!!

    The house is really coming along. Such an exciting time for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a lot of motivation to make freezer meals so what I did instead was freeze leftovers rather than using them up as we usually would.

    ReplyDelete