Friday, April 25, 2014

Me?

Ayden has started this new thing where when we ask him a question he'll point to himself, raise his eye brows and say, "Me?"  I have to say, it's pretty adorable.

Today was just what the doctor ordered.  It was raining this morning so I flipped flopped our plans for the day.  We stayed in our PJs longer than usual, played upstairs in Ayden's playroom for a while and, in general, weren't in a hurry all day long.

I rotated out the toys on his toy shelves (he has 9 downstairs and 9 upstairs at any given time) and the books in his downstairs book basket.

I always forget how life changing a new rotation of toys is!

Ayden did this all by himself!
I think his new love for Toy Story helped him get it right.
Well mostly right... notice his left ear is actually a tongue, haha. 
After Ayden woke up from another stellar nap (I suppose he has officially transitioned to 1.5 hour naps!) we ran our errands.



There was pretty bad traffic on the way home so we took the scenic route.


David was already out at the building site when we were on our way home so we stopped there to say hi and came home for dinner.  Rotisserie chicken, BBQ sauce, green beans and pomegranate were on the menu tonight and Ayden had thirds. 


I got him to bed at his normal time tonight and now I get to enjoy 2+ hours (well, it should be two but lets be real... it'll probably be three) before I go to bed myself. I always feel bad putting Ayden to bed when it is still sunny and beautiful outside but I know he needs the rest since he still wakes up around the same time every morning.  I am lucky that Ayden is such a good boy but even good kids take a lot of energy from you during the day.  Putting him to bed on time means that David and I get some time to relax together before we go to bed.  Now it's time for me to recharge for tomorrow (my birthday!!).

I'm spending a couple of hours volunteering at our local library in the morning. They are having a preschool screening day and when the librarians learned about my background in Early Childhood Ed they recruited me.  I have heard about folks who volunteer, do random acts of kindness or pay something forward on their birthdays and I think this is the perfect year to start doing that myself.  No one says you have to wait until your birthday but for someone who gets caught up in life, it's nice to have a set time of year to remind you about reaching out to others.

As far as the rest of the day goes, we are meeting friends at a park near the library after I'm done, we'll come home for lunch and nap and then I'm not sure what David has in store for the rest of the day.  All I know is that his parents are keeping Ayden.

Do you ever do for others on your birthday?  Have you ever done random acts of kindness or payed something forward? Share your stories and ideas in the comments below!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Little Man"
And two years ago today: "Field Trip"



Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. I have a really random cloth diapering question! I hope you don't mind me asking it here! I am going to use prefolds and thirsties covers on my newborn (when she gets here!) and I have 2 xsmall covers and 6 size1 covers. Now my dilemma is buying prefolds. I have no idea which ones to get! With my son I didn't start cloth diapering until he was 6 months so we just went to one size pockets and with this baby I want to use the prefolds and size 1 covers as long as I can then switch to pockets. What prefolds worked best for you? I've read that the Osocozy purple edge wont fit around them with a snappi for long, so I want to get the best bang for my buck lol Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a very happy birthday Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope it's been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete