Tuesday, April 29, 2014

15 Birthdays

David and I started dating on March 18th when I was 15 and he was 17.  This year marked 15 birthdays that I have celebrated with my love.


My man loves him some apple pie so the day started with his favorite apple pie pancakes.


After Ayden's vaccine appointment this morning, we picked up some Indian food and took it to David on his lunch break.  He always loves a mid-day visit from his favorite people.


Ayden fell asleep for an early nap on the way there so we had the rest of the afternoon together.  We spent a lot of it making David's favorite, dutch apple pie, from scratch for tonight's dessert:


{recipe}

I had his gifts wrapped and stacked up with his pie in front waiting for him on the kitchen island when he came in from work.  Ayden and I yelled, "Happy Birthday!" when he walked in the door which brought a huge smile to his face.  I forgot to take the before picture but here is the after...


Ayden got him 2 new pairs of work khakis and I got him a fun man tool.

A nail gun for framing the house!
 We ended the evening with dinner out with his parents along with some delicious apple pie. It's not always fun as an adult when your birthday falls on a weekday but we tried to make it as special as we could for him. I can't believe we have watched each other grow and develop into the people we are today over these past 15 birthdays.  We are just as much a part of each other as we are ourselves. Time has gone by so quickly and before we know it we will have celebrated 15 more together.  I could not think of a better partner or friend that I could spend my adventure of a life with.  I love him so much and am one lucky gal.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Breakfast For Dinner"
And two years ago today: "Happy Birthday To Daddy"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all made his birthday extra special for him!

    ReplyDelete