Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Here it is, the first day of 2014.

We had an amazingly chill day at my parents' house with my family.
I love the start of a new year.  It brings with it a clean slate and a fresh start.  Though each and every day brings those things, there is just something about the new year that magnifies it all.  Just like most people, I like to make big plans for a new year.  I rarely achieve all of my new goals but taking the time for self reflection and making plans to make changes towards being the best person I can be is refreshing and enjoyable.

David and I sat down together tonight and came up with our goals for 2014.  We did them together because if you really want to make changes, you need to tell people who are close to you for acceptability purposes.  We plan to print them out and post them where we can see them and also plan to remind one another about them if we see the other straying.  Mine were pretty much the same old personal goals that I work on year round already:

- continue to strengthen my relationship with David
- forward thinking
- more reading
- less technology
- focus on health and wellness (and find ways to stay inspired when I need it)
- create regularly (weekly crafting and sewing projects)
- Use my DSLR more
- purge and organize our home
- call my sister in NY at least weekly
- take over our household budget and learn to STICK TO IT

David also has his own list and we made lists for the household and things we want to do for Ayden.

I'm not a huge fan of the term "resolutions" because that word sounds like it is for something immediate and permanent to me. I am a work in progress and can only take it one day at a time. If I am able to make a few changes throughout the year, great.  If I end 2014 as the exact person I am at this very moment, that will be great too.  Most of all, I just want to focus cherishing each and everyday as of there is no tomorrow and relish the love that surrounds me. 2014 is going to be an amazing, exciting year for us!

How do you feel about resolutions?  Do you make them? Share yours below if you have any!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "January Goals"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment