Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Toddler Tuesday: Hidden Shapes


Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I heart horse country.
Today's activity was a spur of the moment "I need to make dinner but my toddler is hanging on my legs" activity. 

I know I am not alone when I say that sometimes it seems impossible to complete the most basic tasks when you have a toddler. It is in those moments where I take a look at all of the nearby toys and see what I can use and how I can make it new and exciting. 

Today, I grabbed one of Ayden's shape sorters (which was mine when I was little), an empty tissue box from the recycling bin and a bag of silk leaves that were waiting to be put back in my Fall preschool theme tub. I dumped the shapes and leaves into the tissue box, showed him once and set him free!

Find a piece
Put it in.
Add a leaf or two.
Now what?!
Haha!
It was a great success!  Just by adding a couple of extra things I had lying around, Ayden was engaged with his "new" activity long enough for me to clean out a pomegranate (something for which I'd rather not have his "help.")

The evidence...

What kind of activities do you throw together in a pinch?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Code Brown!"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment