Friday, July 26, 2013

Hat Day

I just got done mentioning all of those hats the other day and today was a perfect example of having to juggle them all. First and foremost come the wife, mom and homemaker hats. They are the hats that I keep on me at all times because they best define who I am during this season of my life. 


The next hat I put on was my sister hat when I went into the dance studio at 10 am to work on a deposit for my sister. She is out of town and didn't get a chance to run it before she left so I marked it off of her list for her. 

Napping while Mommy works.
Next up was the dance teacher hat because I had a half hour solo make up class. When I got done teaching, I finished the rest of the deposit, drove it to the bank and went home for lunch. While we were there, Polly decided to eat for the first time in three days. I got to take off my pet owner hat after I called the vet to cancel her 4:00 appointment that I made out of concern for her decreased appetite. Thanks for the free pass, Polly!  While Ayden was strapped into one place enjoying his lunch, I straightened up the downstairs of the cottage. Then I traded my homemaker hat for my beekeeper hat and drove 20 minutes to the beekeeping supply store to purchase queen excluders for the hives.  We will put them on the hives on Sunday and they will keep the queens from working their way up and laying eggs in our honey supers. Soon after we got home, David came home from work and played with Ayden while I slipped onbmy favorite me hat. I took a hot, quiet shower, fixed my hair and did my makeup. I even put on my favorite summer dress. Some of David's side of the family are in for a visit so had dinner with them. It was SOOO good! The weather was perfect and Ayden was a joy to all the whole time.

Shew!  It was a fun day and though having lots of hats can be overwhelming sometimes, they are also what fill my life with LIFE!  I enjoyed today from start to finish.  I wouldn't trade any of them for the world!

Do you ever have days where you end up wearing all of your hats at once?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Big Boy Toys"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a single mom with three children and I home school. Busy is my middle name. ;) I'm glad you had a great day, Sarah. -Lisa.

    ReplyDelete