Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Aww Nuts!

We had a rough night last night and for once, it wasn't because of Ayden. It was our big fur baby, Maverick. He's usually pretty chill, letting us sleep in without demanding to be let out or fed and seems content to let us do those things on our time. It is because of this that we know that something's not quite right if he wakes us in the night. I left Ayden with my parents for a few hours this morning and spent some time with this little girl:


And her fellow pet store friends (two parrots, a lizard, turtle, rabbit, guinea pig, and a chinchilla). I did a "pet talk" at a church preschool for Little Miss' family's pet store. It went well and I fell in love with that sweet Cocker Spaniel puppy, though not enough to get puppy fever,which now brings me back full circle to Maverick. It was because of me working at that very pet store that we ended up with Maverick. Most 19 year old gals would get puppy fever pretty bad working in a place like that. He has always had... ehem... "stomach issues" off and on and we spent the better part of his puppyhood trying to figure it out. He did eventually grow out of it but it comes back to haunt him every now and then. While I was putting all of the animals back in their cages and habitats, I got a call from my dad letting me know Mav had "had an accident" and that I should stop and pick up whatever we need for him when we have this kind of situation. Awesome... I got home, got everything all cleaned up, gave Maverick some Pepto Bismol and then Ayden and I went outside for some fresh air.

Reunited and it feels so good!

It was quite the busy day, but I have been wanting to try out a Paleo sandwich bread recipe that I saw on a food and fitness blog that I follow, so next on our agenda was the kitchen. The recipe calls for cashew butter and links a recipe for making it yourself. We soaked and dehydrated the cashews overnight and they were ready to be made into delicious cashew butter.
Ingredients:
2 cups raw cashews
3Tbsp melted coconut oil
Directions:
Blend in blender or food processor (Our Vitamix is amazing for this!)
EAT!

It was so easy and we love it so much that we may just eat this batch for snacking, just as you would eat peanut butter. I suppose the sandwich bread can wait until next week. I am really loving finding new and exciting foods to make!

I have another pet talk tomorrow morning and am teaching dance tomorrow night so it is going to be a busy day!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you keep up with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete