Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sabatage

I woke up today ready to set my new resolutions in motion and get started on my January goals but something was out to sabotage my productivity today. Between Ayden being clingy/fussy and all of our technology disappointing me once again, by the time noon rolled around today didn't look any different than any cleaning in circles kind of 2012 day.

Spent the morning in Mommy's arms.
Still not feeling 100%.
It was disappointing because I was trying so hard to use my time efficiently but it all seemed to be out of my control. After Ayden's nap he woke in a much better mood and was ready to give me a little space so I got to get a few things marked off my list before I had to go teach dance.

Nap = totally different kid! :)
But it seems as though the day was not finished with me yet. I left 20 minutes early to allow time for me to stop for gas and get there a little early. At the gas station, I left my lights on for the few minutes it took to fill my gas tank and when I got back in to start my car the battery had died. Awesome. I asked a stranger to give me a jump and ended up being 15 minutes late for my first class which is only 30 minutes long to begin with. Luckily the rest of the day went well but I didn't really get to enjoy a fresh start today.

The good thing is that there is always tomorrow and as David reminded me today, change is a process and it takes time. Even when it seems as though a lot is going wrong, it is also important to remember that there are people out there whose problems are much bigger than mine are. When I look at today from that perspective everything that happened seems almost silly. I ended the day back in the right place and I am excited to get the chance to start anew tomorrow or even the day after that if I have to.

Being a parent is tough but add prolonged illness or discomfort into the mix and it goes to a whole new level! It's been rough on us all but the bright side is how snuggly he has been while under the weather.  Ayden is getting better everyday and we are all looking forward to him being back to 100% sweetness and cuteness. Last night started out rough but ended great. I am hoping we all have a peaceful night tonight!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment