Thursday, January 3, 2013

Flashbacks

I have started having flashbacks big time. I'll look at Ayden and simultaneously see the present Ayden and the tiny newborn Ayden as if they are one in the same.

At the mall with me today.
It is freaky and wonderful all at the same time.  Does this happen to anyone else? It happened again when I nursed him in the car during our errands today. He had my favorite type of nursing session, the kind where he snuggles in and takes his time. When he was finished he unlatched and just lay there gazing up at me like he used to when he was a newborn and it brought a flood of warm, fuzzy memories. It was a beautiful moment that I hope I never forget.

Parmesan cheese shaker + pipe cleners = loads of fun!
Though half of my errands weren't successful, today was a better day mood-wise than yesterday. I am  wondering if my irritability of late might be hormonal? It's been over 11 monts and my monthly cycles have not yet returned. This is probably because Ayden still nurses every 3-4 hours, round the clock and my midwife told me that cycles typically resume when babies start consistently going 5 hours without nursing. She told me this as a way of seeing the bright side to Ayden's poor sleeping habits in the early days. He still nurses often but I think the amount of milk he is requiring is decreasing which probably sends the same, "it would be physically okay to have another" signal to my body. We most certainly do not want another at this point in time but it's cool if my body wants to get back into the swing of things. Perhaps I'll go put an emergency tampon in the diaper bag as soon as I finish this.  I haven't had a period since April of 2011 which is crazy!

Ayden skipped his afternoon nap today, despite my attempting to put him down for it THREE times so he went down early for bed. It's not even 7:30 and he's down for the count. The plus side is that he went to sleep right after dinner which usually gives us a decent stretch of sleep. David is going on work on designing Ayden's birthday invitation and I am going to get crafty.  Goodnight all, perhaps tomorrow will be when I start posting during the day? Change takes time...

~Sarah

P.S. There was a glitch with publishing yesterday's blog so in case you missed it, here is a link.

2 comments:

  1. You should look into mama cloth/menstral cup/sponge! After using cloth diapers on Gabe, I just don't feel comfortable using tampons or disposable pads anymore. I actually had some bleeding for the first time in the last few days and got to try out some of my mama cloth. So cushy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the mama cloth/menstrual cup! I have a Diva Cup and I love it. I'm going on cycle-free 8 months PP but when I get it back, I'll be going back to the cup. I also need to get my hands on some mama cloth. I know you are very concsious of what you put into your body and tampons are terrible for you. Please look into an alternative!

    ReplyDelete