Thursday, January 24, 2013

Any Time Anywhere

I was exhausted today. I have stayed up later than my boys for a while not so I can have some me time but because we have so much going on right now, Ayden's bedtime is later, David is going to bed later so he can get more done so, of course, I am staying up later too. It worked out perfectly when Ayden was sleeping until 8 or sometimes even 9 but now he seems to be waking up at 7:30 no matter what time we put him to bed. He's back to taking two naps a day for the most part but me staying up until 12 or 1 am, getting broken sleep and then waking up with Ayden at 7:30 has not been feeling too good.

We had our house inspected this morning as part of the selling process and we had to be out of the house from 8:30 am to 12 pm. Since today was story time, grocery and errand day, I stayed up late cleaning up a few messes for the inspection, rounding up everything I needed for my errands and working on a couple of projects for Ayden's birthday party.

The thing is, by the time we got out of bed, ran around getting ready and out of the house my eyes felt like they were dry and puffy and I did not feel like myself. I so wanted today to be a day where I joined Ayden for his morning nap but we couldn't go home. Ayden and I shared some bacon, scrambled eggs and fruit from the Whole Foods hot bar and got the grocery shopping done first thing.

Breakfast date with my little love!
Ayden asked to nurse a couple of times during story time so I decided to nurse him in the car before running my errands. He started to fall asleep right away so I decided, why not join him? We were parked in a not so busy section of the parking lot so I locked the car doors, leaned back the seat, propped my feet up and totally took a 20 minute nap in my car, in the parking lot. What? Doesn't everybody do that? All I have to say is that it was just what I needed for a little pep in my step. I felt soooo much better for the rest of the day. I did exchange a couple of my errands for said nap but that's what tomorrow is for, right? If you want a nap during the day as a mother, the "sleep when the baby sleeps" rule still applies so I listened to my body and complied. I suppose I need to make some of my own schedule changes until Ayden changes his again.


I used our dehydrator for the second time tonight. It will be making us kale, sweet potato and zucchini ships all night long. I am excited to start leaning more about dehydrating. I see fruit leathers, macaroons and lots of veggie chips in our near future! I am also excited about using it to preserve some of the food from our garden this season. I was even reading about how you can dehydrate shredded zucchini and use it as something crunchy on a salad. Goodbye crouton craving! :)


Have you ever had one of those days where you feel so tired that you would be willing to sleep ANYWHERE? I remember walking by a rumpled pile of T-shirts on a shelf at Michaels when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and seriously thinking it looked like the perfect place to curl up for a nap. Funny what exhaustion can do to you. Share your stories below!

Here are a few clips from our day:



~Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment