Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter "Break" Has Begun

When I was a teacher, winter break was something I always looked forward to.  Along with summer break, spring break and any other snow day or random day off we might have had.  I just loved that I never had to stop being a kid during those times.  These days I look forward to these times for a different reason.  David is home more!!  He has Monday and Tuesday off this week, and also the Monday and Tuesday off after New Year's.  YAY for tons of family time!!

We kicked this four day weekend off with a CrossFit workout.  I went as a guest with David and we tried Ayden in their childcare room.  After about 15 minutes the teacher brought a tear streaked little boy out to us.  Since it was my first time there, David walked around and played with Ayden while I got a great work out in.  He took him back to the childcare room for the last 15 minutes of the workout and he did better that time.  He just needs to get to know the place and people as well as make the connection that we always come back.  He just needs a little time and patience and he'll get it, we are in no hurry.

After our workout, David played with Ayden while I got a little cleaning done.  It felt so good to not have to clean in circles.  When I got done I looked up and everything was actually clean.  Well... clean might be an over exaggeration these days, but at least there weren't any new messes to tend to.

Next on the agenda was a basketball game at our alma mater!

We lost the hat and shoes before we even left the house.
He's not quite sturdy enough to manage real sneakers but they sure were cute!
Ayden has been to a couple of baseball games but it was his first basketball game.  He was SO cute!  He was pointing all over the place with both hands (middle fingers, of course) and showing us everything, saying, "a-doo, a-doo" with so much excitement.  It was so cute!

The picture on the right was snapped just as he reacted to an air horn.
I couldn't have captured that face on purpose if I had tried.  Priceless!
He also kept clapping when everyone else did like he knew exactly why everyone was so excited.  He loved all of it for about 15 minutes and then he got a bit squirmy.  We just passed him back and forth between us, looked at a book with him, nursed him, etc. to keep him busy.  It was so fun seeing him experience the sights and sounds that it was totally worth dealing with a squirmy toddler who wanted to explore the place.

Last, but not least, we did a little photo shoot for our friends Whit and Kellen!

So fun!
We had venison chili afterward and played a hilarious game that was like a grown up version of Apples to Apples (what was it called Whit?) that had us all in stitches.

It was a great way to start off the weekend and I can't wait to have 3 whole more days with both of my boys!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. My Hubby has a long weekend this weekend and one next weekend too. I can't wait!
    Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete