Thursday, December 13, 2012

In And Out

Sweet and sleepy after story time today!
He fell asleep before we were even out of the parking lot.
Ayden has been exploring the concept of "in and out" for a while now but over the past week he's 1) started doing it on command and 2) realized that there is a purpose. He will take things in aund out of bags and boxes. He helps me load/unload the dryer and tonight he learned how to "help" me put things in his diaper pail. He put a wipe I used to clean spit up off the floor in for me then, after enjoying my praise, proceeded to pull clean diapers, wipes, inserts, etc out of a laundry basket in his room and attempt to drop them all in the pail. He also walked up to his bath and dropped a framed picture of Polly in. I believe we will be a family that has to fish valuables out of the toilet and will find our keys in the trash. Everyone kept saying, "Oh just wait until he starts walking then it's all over!" We never understood that because he was pretty busy even as a crawler. Now we understand! With the walking milestone comes some cognitive connections that takes exploration and business to a whole new level. I also think the fact that he can walk right up to something and drop stuff in without having to pull himself up first makes us have to be that much faster with the interception. Ladies and gentleman, I know he isn't quite 1 yet but I think it is safe to say we officially have a toddler on our hands. Let the "fun" begin!

And now I shall leave you with a video of another new skill he is working on:



~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment