Thursday, June 14, 2012

And It Begins...


The weekend of the dance recital is always super busy for my family. Today was leotard rehearsal and in an effort to take something off of my sister's plate, I went and picked up my nephew and took him with us to story time. Afterward we went to Whole Foods to pick up some lunch and get some snacks to take with us for the rehersal.

When we got home we ate lunch and then I got my nephew busy with some activities:


 while I got to work on putting dinner in the crockpot.


Meat always seems to dry out in the crockpot but not today! I used pork butt (not a very appealing name for that cut of meat...) and it turned out so delicious!!! We also had some collard greens in the fridge that were on their way out so I thought that would be the perfect side. David texted me when he got home and told me how delicious it was. Ayden and I were going to be staying at leotard rehearsal until pretty late so I wouldn't find out for myself until I got home.

I wore Ayden in our Didymos woven wrap for most of the night. All of the kids kept coming up to tell me how cute he was and all of their moms couldn't get over how snugly he looked in the wrap. I just can't believe wraps aren't more common than they are!



When he woke up and ate he got so happy and playful. He was giving everyone smiles and was giggling while I tickled and kissed on him. There was even one point in the night where I tried to make him fly like super baby and he in turn spit up down my shirt... Luckily I had my handy dandy shout wipes!


I, of course, packed Ayden's PJs and nighttime diaper so when he started acting sleepy I got him ready. The problem was that we were probably in the most stimulating environment he's ever been in. He was so sleepy but just looking, wide eyed, all around.  He ended up falling asleep on the way home only to wake again when we got here; but that ended up being a good thing since David got to spend a little more time with him before we got him back to bed.

I also finally got to try the meal that the crock pot slaved over all day and all
I can say is "YUM!" Talk about melt in your mouth, I will definitely be using pork butt as my meat of choice in the crockpot the next time we entertain!


With Ayden's routine being completely out of whack this evening, tonight could pan out to be rather interesting...

 Next up for tomorrow is dress rehearsal and another busy day. Goodnight!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment