Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Did I Do Today??

Do you ever have those days where you get to the end and, though you were busy all day, you feel like you didn't accomplish a single thing? Well, today was one of those days for me...

Ayden had kind of an off day... He was a bit whiney and wanted to be held all day. I wear him a lot as it is but a gal has to give her back a break and use the bathroom once in a while (he doesn't like for me to sit while he's in the wrap so that makes using the restroom a bit tricky)...

I did manage to give him a bath which he always loves:



and I always remind myself that feeding him throughout the day is a VERY big and important accomplishment in and of itself.

I also managed to take a shower and get ready while Ayden napped in his swing. Again, a pretty big accomplishment.
I tried to fix the angle of his head but he would purposefully put it back in this position...
If he's comfy, why not just leave him alone?
During his late afternoon feeding I decided to grab paper and pen so I could reflect on my day and write down the things I did accomplish instead of thinking about all the things still left to be done.


It turned out to be a nice sized list! I'm so glad I took the time to write it out because the visual made me feel so much better about the day.

I think the way I felt has a lot to do with me watching Little Miss again. Going from having 5 weekdays to fit in being a good mommy, the house work and my hobbies/me time to 3 (soon to be 2) is a lot of pressure and is going to take some adjustment time. I just need to remember to take it one day at a time and also remind myself that my to do's aren't going anywhere so I'll get to them whenever I can find the time (much easier said than done).

Ayden had a lot to say and a lot of smiles for his daddy when he got home!

I just love seeing them together :).
David mowed the lawn while Ayden napped in the Moby (again) and then we decided to go for a run. It had only been about an hour and 45 minutes since Ayden had eaten last so we figured we would have at least 30 minutes to run (he's usually ready to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day). As it turns out that 2.5 to 3 hour timeline only works when Ayden is in charge. When we woke him from the Moby and put him in the stroller he started to cry immediately. We thought he would stop, even go back to sleep, once we got moving but he only became more frantic. Needless to say we turned around and headed home to feed him. As it turns out, Ayden is well aware of the sequence of events that should take place in his EASY cycles. Note taken.

My goal was to work out at least 3 days this week so surely out of the 5 that are left there's a chance I can still meet that goal...

Bonus: It's only 8:15 and I'm about to push publish for this post. There's another accomplishment for the list! :)

Until tomorrow...

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. He reminds me SO much of my son for some reason. I always get so emotional when I read your posts! And isn't it the best seeing the Daddy/Son bonding? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days, but you seem to be very productive on any given day!

    The EASY pattern is a blessing and a curse...once baby is on that pattern they don't really like for it to be disrupted!

    ReplyDelete