Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making Changes

Today's dose of cuteness!!
So... we had gone back to 3 hour or less sleep sessions for the past few nights. I figured he was probably gearing up for a growth spurt (because my midwife had warned us that they pop up every 3 weeks and he turned 9 weeks on Saturday) and trying to either increase my supply, take in more calories or both.  Then last night, he slept two 4 hour sessions which was amazing after what he had been doing and then slept for most of the day today.

Our little mouth breather :)
I hope tonight is just as good!

Little Miss was back today.  I've been trying to have activities ready that will keep her independently occupied while I am nursing Ayden.  She wants to be in my lap too and I just can't give up that special time to focus on him.  It's a part of why I love breastfeeding so much.  It ensures that no matter where we are, what we're doing or who might be holding him, we get reunited for some special Ayden and Mommy time at least every 3 hours. 

Taking pom poms in and out of an empty tissue box

Had to include this pic for a laugh...  Her (comfy?) nap in the stroller.
Here's what Ayden and I did while Little Miss napped:


Oh, I can barely stand the cuteness!!!

For the past couple of weeks, every night around 8/8:30 Ayden gets sleepy and fussy.  Turns out, that's right when we are trying to prepare/eat dinner.  After tonight's stressful episode of trying to comfort him to sleep and help cook dinner at the same time I finally  thought to do some problem solving reflection on the situation.  I called David into Ayden's room while I was getting our crying, over-tired baby ready for bed and told him that I thought we were going to have to make some changes to our evening routine.  We either need to have dinner around 7/7:30 or earlier (like normal people) so we're ready to put him to bed before he gets over tired, or we need to put Ayden to bed and have dinner after.  Option #1 has my vote because that will probably mean more sleep for me which I so desperately crave these days.  David agreed that we needed to make some changes so we'll see how long it takes us to shift our routine... We both tend to be creatures of habit. Wish us luck!!

Good Night!
What was the biggest change you had to make in your routine after having a baby?

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment