Monday, February 13, 2012

Growin' Boy!!

Ayden usually goes to sleep for the night between 9:30 and 10:00 and sleeps in 3 hour increments.  I call each 3 hour stretch a "sleep session."  Naturally, I try to sleep when he does all night and we usually end up having 4 sleep sessions total (though my sleep sessions end up being more like 2 hours because I tend to hold him for a little bit when he falls back to sleep and I also wake up once or twice to check on him).  This morning when I put him back in his bed for his last sleep session I decided to get up and get ready for the day while he slept.  It was a hard decision at the time.  I was so tired and I knew that I needed rest, but I also knew that when I try to get ready while he's awake, it takes me twice as long.  

This is what I found when I was done getting ready :)


He was in such a great mood all day!  It was amazing :).  He napped in the Moby and Ergo while I cleaned the house and got caught up on some laundry (wearing both gives my tired back a break since each carrier tires different muscles).


He even spent awake/content time in his pack 'n play and bouncy seat while I vacuumed, which would have never been an option this time last week...

Chillin' in the Pack 'n Play
We even successfully ventured out to go to the pet store for some dog food and stopped by the grocery for a few items that the store we visited yesterday didn't have. He slept the whole time :). Like I said... Amazing!

This evening we also had our 3rd postpartum midwife appointment where Ayden weighed in at 8lbs 2oz!  He's a little over a pound past his birthweight now!  What can I say?  He is thriving on his mama's groceries :).  

He's in there somewhere!
It's supposed to snow tonight so we'll probably hang around the house tomorrow and work on some more "To Do's."  Fun, fun!! :)

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I am a subscriber to your YouTube channel and love following this blog as well. Both are a wealth of great information and always full of warm-heartedness, which is such a pleasure to see. When I have children one day, I aspire to be as on top of things as you have been! You are an inspiring new mom! Best wishes and blessings to your new little family.

    ReplyDelete