Saturday, February 4, 2012

Daddy's Boy

Guess who's 2 weeks old today?!?  This guy!


Looking back on the past two weeks, it's almost all a blur.  The emotion, adjustment and exhaustion really take over sometimes and it seems that no matter how hard you try to savor every moment, it's almost impossible to remember it all with clarity.  I am so glad I have been blogging daily through all of this.  Even with how crazy it's been, it's been equally as wonderful!  They say that the first two weeks are the most difficult and we made it!  The best part of hitting the two week mark is that we get to start showing Ayden the world!  We can't wait :).

This morning, Ayden was spending some time awake so his David played guitar for him.  He just sat and listened.  It was so cute to see his eyes widen and start looking around when he heard the sound.  We could tell he really was taking it all in.  We hope he grows to love music as much as his daddy. After our music session he was still awake so I got out a book that a good friend of ours got for him for one of our baby showers and read a few stories out of it.  He fell asleep listening to the sound of my voice and then we snuggled for a while while I wrote some thank you cards. That's where the picture above came in :).  I just love when he falls asleep on my chest.



When he woke up from his nap, Ayden was wearing his fussy pants.  We're not sure if it's a dairy intolerance, a fore milk/hind milk imbalance that's making him gassy, his little red, irritated toosh, or what but he's been pretty fussy the past couple of days.  I had changed him and nursed him and walked him around holding him in all kinds of positions but nothing was working for me.  We had company coming in 20 minutes and I was still in my PJs with yesterday's make up on.  David brought his swing into the bathroom and suggested that we put him in it for a bit and see if he could calm himself in it while we got ready.  We waited 5 or 10 minutes, talking to him the whole time, and he didn't calm so David got him out, held him nice and tight while swaying back and forth and talking to him; the next thing we knew, he was as calm as could be.  Daddy has the magic touch.  It was a relief to me to know that someone else has the ability to calm him.  David truly is my partner in this and it's so nice to know that once I've tried everything I've got, there's someone I can pass the baton to for a little while.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful and involved hubby!


Some of you might be interested in a belly button update.  Last night, after our first salt treatment, the granuloma darkened just like the article said it would.  Over night it bled a tiny bit, then this morning it shriveled up and fell off.  This is what it looked like before our treatment today:

Looking much better!
As you can see, there's still a little something inside but we think one last treatment might actually do the trick!  We'll see how it looks tomorrow but as of right now, I think we'll be canceling our silver nitrate cauterization appointment.  To think that we treated it ourselves with a couple of pinches of sea salt!  We are not against medicine but it's always nice to find a natural remedy when you can :).  

So on that note, I will leave you with my most embarrassing mommy brain moment yet...

When David comes back upstairs after eating his breakfast in the mornings he gets back in bed to snuggle me for a little while before finishing getting ready for work.  Yesterday morning when he came up he told me that he had used the last of the salsa on his eggs.  I wanted to add it to our grocery list (which is in my phone in a note titled "Groceries") before I forgot.  In my sleepy mommy stupor, I open said grocery list note and though I was thinking salsa, I proceeded to type "groceries" onto the grocery list...  It took me a second to notice but once I realized that I had essentially reminded myself to purchase groceries at the grocery store all I could do was laugh! Oh my, the first of many moments like that I'm sure! :)

What was your most embarrassing mommy brain moment??

1 comment:

  1. Once I told Franco to close "those slatty things on the windows" (blinds) and I referred to mulch as "that crunchy stuff on the ground" Oh mommy brain! Loving your updates!

    ReplyDelete