Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ayden's Favorite Things

Being an Early Childhood Education major, I've spent a lot of time around children.  In college, I was required to complete field studies, observation hours, practicums, and student teaching.  I also assisted in the childcare center on campus in the infant, toddler and preschool classrooms.  Then I went on to teach preschool and kindergarten for 4 years following graduation.  I teach the pre-dance program at my mom's dance studio, have nannied during Summers for years and have 4 nephews and a niece. Needless to say, I came into motherhood with a little bit of experience under my belt...  

I've always been fascinated by child development and have enjoyed observing it take place among all of the children that are/have been in my life.  I had no doubt that it would be amazing to witness the development of my own child but I had no idea just how amazing it would be!  The professional in me is always assessing his development and trying to think of ways to foster and encourage it.  The mommy in me is enjoying just watching it all unfold.  

Ayden is really starting to come to life these days.  He's focusing on things for extended periods of time, gaining great control of his neck, beginning to tolerate being dressed and put into the car seat.  He really is already growing up before our eyes.  There's no question that he's already developed the ability to express his likes and dislikes.  I have a feeling he'll take after his daddy in this way too :). 

1. He LOVES to have his diaper changed:


He can be throwing the biggest fit and we can lay him down and disrobe him and all of the sudden all is well with the world.  He just lies there with his little legs curled up and looks around.  He'll even smile and is starting to coo.  We always try to give him a little bit of "nakey time" during diaper changes because he loves it so. 

2. He prefers to sleep vertically.  The bed we have for him next to ours is the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper and has a bit of an incline.  He takes his longest naps in the Moby and on my shoulder.  He can sleep flat but definitely prefers to be vertical. 

<3
3.  He LOVES taking baths!


Last night, David thought he might like to actually be submersed a little in his tub so we took out the infant seat and David gave him a waist high dip.  He absolutely loved it!!!  Some of the biggest smiles we've had yet:

We have a water baby on our hands! 

His cute little personality is really starting to show and we love getting to know our little man!

What are your babies favorite things?

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that picture of him in the tub is too cute for words! You have a little water baby on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete